Ketchikan, Alaska Local Information
Ketchikan, Alaska is surrounded by healthy rivers drawing thousands of salmon back into the area every year. Ketchikan has earned its nickanme "The Salmon Capital of the World."
Ketchikan Area Links:
- Alaskan Department Of Fish and Game
- Alaska Fishing: Prince Of Wales Island
- Prince Of Wales Chamber Of Commerce
- Tongass National Forest
- Alaskan Outdoor Directory
- Alaskan Marine Highway System
- Alaska Fishing Forums
- Prince Of Wales Island Fishing Report
- Public Use Cabins
- Travel Alaska
Prince of Wales Island is located 600 miles north of Seattle. It is the third largest Island in the US. Alaska Airlines provides service to Ketchikan International Airport. Float or wheel plane service is available to Hollis, Klawock or Craig.
The Inter-Island Ferry service is just a three hour ride from Ketchikan to Hollis. The spectacular flight or relaxing ferry ride provides many photo opportunities.